Friday, February 11, 2011

Valentine's Day Layout

Sorry I haven't posted in a while.  I've been crazy busy lately and haven't had time to take pictures of the projects I've been making but today, I made myself take some so I can post new things in the next few days.

Today's project that I want to share with you is a Valentine's Day layout that I made for my last workshop last Sunday.  It was actually my first scrapbook workshop and I was a bit nervous since 17 people RSVP'd they were coming so I had to punch out all those hearts for each of the expected attendees (12 hearts X 17 = 204).  Whew!  That was a lot!  I met a few new people at the workshop and I had so much fun.

I had asked my husband to pick out the picture that he wants me to put on this layout and he picked this one.  I plan on putting it in a 12 x 12 frame and displaying it in our home.  I found the inspiration for this layout from Stampin' Connection.  I think the hardest part in making this layout was doodling around the page.  I am not a doodler and I was so scared that I would mess it up but it wasn't so bad once I had started doing it.  I just had to remind myself that it doesn't have to be perfect.  I popped up the glittered heart with dimensionals and the "We're Good Together" sentiment.  I also popped up our picture with dimensionals.

 

 


Supplies Used For This Card:

Paper:  Basic Black 12 x 12 Textured Cardstock, Real Red Cardstock, Wishper White Cardstock, Glimmer Paper, Love Impressions Specialty Designer Series Paper

Ink:  Real Red Classic Ink

Accessories:  Big Shot Machine, Timeless Type Junior Alphabet Sizzlits Dies, Small Heart Punch, Full Heart Punch, Uniball White Signo Gel Pen, Snail Adhesive, Stampin' Dimensionals,

Stamp Sets: I {Heart} Hearts Clear Stamp Set, Filled With Love Stamp Set

Hope you all have a great weekend!  I will try to post again in a couple of days.  As always, thank you for stopping by...

Gilda

4 comments:

  1. Great page and you are right, lots of hearts to punch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely page. Adorable picture of you and your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is such a great layout - turned out beautifully and love the pic, too! :) tfs

    PS - Followed you here via SC blog thread! :)
    http://crystalscraftingandrambling.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete